Wednesday 19 August 2009

"WHY I WRITE"

I write when my heart tells me to,
I write to share my feelings and thoughts,
I write because God wants me to,
I write so a lesson may be learnt or taught.

I'm a pot on a stove, simmering gently,
My emotions, feelings and dreams given a stir
I’m a wonderful meal being made in a processor
When complete, go on give me a whiz, and watch me whirr.

I am inspired by everything including you, a stranger
A work in progress, I want to be an inspiration for all
If at least one thing I write touches you deeply, then my job is done
Who knows maybe it could be that one poem, which halts your own free-fall.

I'm here for my calling, a purpose,
A fulfilling, passionate one I see
I don't want to live my life like a blur, I want to experience, savour it slowly
Sharing with you what it’s like to be me and to at last be free.

I want to express and be comforted,
To read, learn and share what I know,
To find out whom I was then, who I am now,
Come with me and together we’ll experience this journey, as I grow.

Us writers and poets we have our talents
I wouldn’t claim to be the better or best
We all have our uniqueness that attracts readers, they alone are our judge
But it doesn’t give us license to say we’re better than the rest.

I’m a humble, creative and curious being
On a mission to make my goal of my book ‘INSPIRED’ real
I’ll work hard, do what it takes to ensure I get there
But would never lower myself to plagiarise or steal.

I’m not stuck writing in one genre
I’ll tackle all poetry types and themes
I hope when I achieve this I’ll inspire you
To go out and make real your own dreams.

I guess that's what happens when I put pen to paper,
I catch a vibe and I ride the power of the word
I have a beautiful soul and inner voice,
One I, and perhaps some of you now think shouldn't go unheard.

© 19th September 2007 – 11:30am Written by Angela Edgar.
WWW.ANGEE.CO.UK All Rights Reserved.
Unauthorised Reproduction Prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment